Tokyo, Japan, June 1, 2016 - Thursday is the day when Poland could potentially book their ticket to Rio. One of the conditions is a victory against winless Venezuela at the FIVB Volleyball Men's World Olympic Qualification Tournament in Tokyo.
• Poland and Venezuela last met at the World Olympic Qualification tournament in Porto, Portugal in 2004.
• Poland won in straight sets and secured the first place and qualification for the Olympic Games in Athens. Venezuela came second and failed to qualify.
• Their last meeting came in 2015 World Cup when Poland won 3-1.
• These teams also met at the 2014 World Championship. Poland won in straight sets in the first round.
• Poland are the only team to have won all four matches at the 2016 World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Poland have already played, and won, three five-set matches at this World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Since 1996, Poland are unbeaten at World Olympic Qualification tournaments (13 wins).
• In 2016, five of their nine matches at major competitions needed a fifth set.
• Bartosz Kurek leads his team with 66 points scored.
• Venezuela are the only team yet to win a match at the 2016 World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Venezuela have won at least one match in the past three World Olympic Qualification tournaments in which they participated (2000, 2004 and 2012).
• Their last two wins at a major competitions came at the 2015 South American Olympic Qualification tournament in October 2015, when they beat Colombia and Chile.
• Kervin Martin Piñeda Urbina is Venezuela's highest scorer at the 2016 World Olympic Qualification tournament with 62 points.