Tokyo, Japan, June 3, 2016 - Iran will secure a spot at the Rio Olympics if they win their match at the FIVB Volleyball Men's World Olympic Qualification Tournament on Saturday. However, they are facing no easy task against already qualified and yet unbeaten Poland.
• Poland and Iran have met five times in 2015 - four meetings in the World League and one in the world cup.
• Iran's only win over Poland in 2015 came in their third meeting in the World League (3-2).
• Poland won three of the World League encounters (3-1, 3-2 and 3-1) and the World Cup match (3-2).
• They also met at the 2014 World Championship. Poland won 3-2.
• Poland have already qualified for the Olympic Games in Rio by winning all of their five matches at this qualification tournament.
• They will go to the Olympic Games for the ninth time. Of the previous eight times, they claimed a medal once as they won gold in 1976.
• They are the only unbeaten team at this tournament.
• Three of their five victories came in five sets.
• Since 1996, Poland have won all of their 14 matches at the World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Bartosz Kurek has scored most points for Poland this tournament: 75.
• Iran could qualify for the Olympic Games for the first time by winning against Poland.
• Iran have won four matches at this World Olympic Qualification tournament. In 2012, they won five of their seven matches but failed to qualify as they finished third behind Serbia and Australia and only the best nation and the best AVC nation qualified for London 2012.
• Seyed Mohammad Mousavi Eraghi has scored 21 points from stuff blocks this tournament, most of all players.